If you are:
1) a prospective registrant who needs to challenge and pass the ACCLXT Provincial Registration Examination to complete registration requirements.
2) a student who has completed their training and has the opportunity of employment prior to challenging the ACCLXT Provincial Registration Examination.
3) a registrant who is currently completing a mandated refresher program in order to be eligible for reinstatement into the ACCLXT.
…then you may be eligible to apply for an ACCLXT Temporary permit.
An applicant who has completed NAIT or Sask Polytech training and has the opportunity of employment prior to challenging the ACCLXT Provincial Examination may be registered on the Temporary register.
ACCLXT Temporary permit applicants:
- Must have applied and are registered to write an upcoming sitting of the ACCLXT Provincial Examination.
- Must have completed the required program practicum.
Temporary permits expire 3-months from the effective date and may be extended for up to one year. Once a Temporary registrant successfully passes the ACCLXT Provincial Examination, the registrant must move to the Active register.
As per Legislation a temporary permit holder may practice only while supervised by a ACCLXT Active Registrant on the general register or by another person approved by the Registrar.
The on-line application registration for an ACCLXT Temporary Permit is not open yet. Application will be available in late April 2018.
As part of the on-line application process you will be required to complete and submit the following documentation:
- Encon Insurance Application (Errors and Omissions Insurance) – please ensure you fully complete #1-3 (a)(b), date and sign. Click here to obtain the application.
- Two character declaration references. Click here to obtain the Character Declaration form.
Note: the following are also required with your application. You will be required to upload these documents during your online registration process.
- Unofficial educational transcripts (official transcripts WILL be required upon successful graduation of your program).
- Criminal Reference check dated within 6 months of application.