Standards of Practice Advisory Group
The purpose of the Standards of Practice Advisory Group (SPAG) is to provide ongoing input and feedback on the development of the revised Standards.
SPAG members are expected to:
1. Represent the perspectives of their profession and respective practice areas through all phases of the revised Standards development.
2. Provide feedback into the various drafts of the revised Standards through teleconference meetings (approximately three) and a one-day face-to-face meeting.
The ACCLXT will select six to eight SPAG members to represent the following perspectives:
- public hospitals/private facilities;
- novice/experienced practitioners;
- practice specialty areas, educators and administrators; and
- large and small centres (based on bed size).
Roles and Responsibilities:
The roles and responsibilities of SPAG members include to:
- provide input into the initial draft of the Standards,
- participate in approximately three teleconferences,
- participate in a one-day face to face meeting in Edmonton to provide input and feedback into Draft 1 of the Standards,
- provide input into Draft 3 of the Standards after the electronic consultation on Draft 2,
- provide feedback on the final draft of the Standards, and
Frequency of Meetings:
Approximately three teleconferences and one face-to-face meeting will be held at strategic points in the project.
The ACCLXT will provide:
- 6 competency credits for either the 2018 or 2019 learning plan year.
- Expenses in accordance with policy for face to face meeting in Edmonton.
If you are interested in participating, please click here to fill out an online application form. Deadline to apply is October 15