You need a practice permit from the ACCLXT to practice as a CLXT in Alberta. The requirements may vary depending on the register that potential registrants apply to be on.
CLXT’s who meet all necessary requirements for initial registration or annual renewal of their registration.
1) Prospective registrants who need to challenge and pass the Provincial Registration Examination to complete registration requirements.
2) Students who have completed their training and have the opportunity of employment prior to challenging the Provincial Registration Examination.
3) Registrants who are currently completing a mandated refresher program in order to be eligible for reinstatement into the ACCLXT.
CLXT’s who wish to maintain contact with the ACCLXT, but who are not practicing (e.g. maternity leave, retired) and do not hold the title CLXT.
o Benefits: Continue to receive ACCLXT communication, continue to have access to the website and database, and able to obtain an Active Practice Permit anytime during the permit year without being subject to the reinstatement process/fees.
Not renewing; not practicing as a CLXT.
- are currently working in another province or are applying to the College for the first time click General Registration for information and application package.
- are looking to work prior to a successful completion of the ACCLXT Provincial Exam or looking to complete a refresher program click here to obtain a Temporary Permit Application Package.
- need to change your Temporary Status? Click Temporary to Active Status Change for an application package. This package will also allow you to change your Temporary Status to Associate and Inactive.