You need a practice permit from the ACCLXT to practice as a CLXT in Alberta. The requirements may vary depending on the register that potential registrants apply to be on.
CLXT’s who meet all necessary requirements for initial registration or annual renewal of their registration.
1) Prospective registrants who need to challenge and pass the Provincial Registration Examination to complete registration requirements.
2) Students who have completed their training and have the opportunity of employment prior to challenging the Provincial Registration Examination.
3) Registrants who are currently completing a mandated refresher program in order to be eligible for reinstatement into the ACCLXT.
CLXT’s who wish to maintain contact with the ACCLXT, but who are not practicing (e.g. maternity leave, retired) and do not hold the title CLXT.
o Benefits: Continue to receive ACCLXT communication, continue to have access to the website and database, and able to obtain an Active Practice Permit anytime during the permit year without being subject to the reinstatement process/fees.
Not renewing; not practicing as a CLXT.
Students enrolled in the Combined Laboratory and X-ray program at Northern Alberta Institute of Technology (Nait) or Saskatchewan Polytechnic (SPT) may choose to seek registration with the ACCLXT under a Student Membership. There are many benefits available to a Student Membership which will be provided to the student throughout the duration of their training program. The Student Membership category is required as established in the College Bylaws. Student registrations will begin in fall of 2018.
- are currently working as a CLXT in another province or are applying to the College for the first time click General Registration for information and application package.
- have been away from your practice and are inquiring to return to work as a CLXT click General Registration for information and application package. Your application will be reviewed by the College and you will be contacted with further instructions. No permit fees are due at this time, however, the registration application is subject to a $100 application fee.
- are working while completing a mandated refresher program click here to obtain a Temporary Permit Application Package.
- hold a Temporary Permit and need to change your status click Status Change for an application package. This will allow you to change your Temporary status to Active, Associate or Inactive.
- are a current student and are applying for a temporary permit click here for more information.
- are a student and looking to become a student member, registration information will be coming in the fall 2018.