ACCLXT Registration Examination
Update June 19th, 2020: Click here to view.
Note: The College is closely monitoring the Covid-19 pandemic and is in communication with the examination provider and other stakeholders. At this time, the ACCLXT is proceeding with the application process for the examination administration dates for 2020 as outlined below. The College will update registered exam candidates of any impact to the examination logistics. As such, it is imperative that you keep your MyACCLXT profile up-to-date with your current contact information.
The credentialing of professionals requires an assessment of a candidate’s professional competence. The ACCLXT Registration Examination is a means by which the College can assess the knowledge, skills and attitudes of candidates and assure the public that all individuals registered as CLXT’s have met the entry-level standard of practice. The ACCLXT Registration Examination is required by Alberta Government legislation.
In order to be eligible for the ACCLXT Active register, all prospective candidates must challenge and achieve a "PASS" mark on the ACCLXT Registration Examination.
The ACCLXT has developed resources for Registration Examination applicants. Refer to the following for information and policies.
- Registration Examination - A resource guide to assist in preparing for the ACCLXT Registration Examination
Upcoming Registration Examination Administration Dates
July 3, 2020 - (this administration is moving to an online proctoring format for registered candidates - date TBD)
- application deadline for Special Accommodation: Closed
- application deadline for Exam Sitting: Closed
September 17, 2020
- application deadline for Special Accommodation: July 31, 2020
- application deadline for Exam Sitting: August 14, 2020
December 3, 2020
- application deadline for Special Accommodation: October 16, 2020
- application deadline for Exam Sitting: November 2, 2020
- Successfully completed the clinical portions and currently enrolled in the practical portion of the NAIT Combined Laboratory and X-Ray Program. Unofficial transcript of marks is required upon application.
- Successfully completed both the clinical and practical portions of the NAIT Combined Laboratory and X-Ray Program. Official transcript of marks is required upon application.
- Successfully completed an approved course of equivalent standards (i.e. SASK Polytech/Saskatchewan graduates). Official transcript of marks is required upon application.
- Successfully completed an approved refresher program. Proof of successful completion is required upon application.
- An approved request from ACCLXT to reactivate your CLXT status. Copy of ACCLXT Registrar’s approval is required upon application.
Refer to the for:
- General Information and Policies
- Application Guidelines and Process
- What to expect on Exam Day
- After the Exam, Results, Ranking Method and Attempt Limits
- Appeal Process
- Examination Blueprint
- Sample Examination Questions
Applications are submitted online. Visit the MyACCLXT database to sign up or login and click on "Exam Candidate" to begin your application. When completing your online application, take note of the following:
Once you have submitted your application:
- Your application status will remain "Submitted" until reviewed by the College.
- If you do not meet the requirements your application may be declined or returned to you for further documentation. If your application is declined, any payment received will be refunded according to ACCLXT policy as outlined in the ACCLXT Registration Examination Handbook.
- Your invoice will be available for payment once your application is approved.
- Your eligibility to write the ACCLXT Registration Examination is not finalized until payment has been received in full. If payment is not received, you will be ineligible to write.
Combined Laboratory and X-Ray Technologists are governed by the Health Professions Act (HPA) of Alberta. As per this legislation, all persons practicing as a CLXT in Alberta must hold valid and current registration with the Alberta College of Combined Laboratory and X-Ray Technologists (ACCLXT).
The Temporary register is for applicants who have not yet challenged and received a “PASS” grade on the ACCLXT Registration Examination or have not completed the required upgrading as directed by the Registrar before they can transition to the general register.
Have you secured employment and are looking for more information on obtaining an ACCLXT Temporary Registration and Permit prior to challenging the ACCLXT Registration Examination? Click here for more information and requirements.
Note: You will have the ability to apply for the Temporary Registration and Permit once your ACCLXT Registration Examination application has been approved and paid in full.
If you did not receive a "PASS" grade on your ACCLXT Registration Examination, you will be notified by ACCLXT with the next steps to complete your application for re-write.